SmartHealth is an innovative, practical approach to delivering primary healthcare to any remote location. It is a combination of using connected devices, intelligent business processes, remote doctor presence and integrated patient record management to help deliver quality healthcare at a substantially reduced cost
Our Journey. . .
Telemedicine, Telehealth, Digital Health, Connected Health, Smarthealth…..Are these all the same? Can all these terminologies be interchangeably used? Is this really a breakthrough trend in Health Care? It is really scalable? Can it really substitute real flesh and blood Doctor – Patient interactions? Is it the future of Healthcare?
The list of questions is endless.
We strongly believe that the different terminologies used have many subtle differences. While we cannot call any of these trends as an absolute breakthrough as these have been around in some form and shape over the past 15 years or so, they have the potential to disrupt the way the healthcare industry works. In short each one perhaps indicates that a remote model could be enabled through Digital Technologies for providing clinical care and non-clinical support in the broad spectrum of Healthcare delivery. Sounds very promising and interesting. Perhaps sounds like a concept which has success written all over it. And why do we say that? A general analysis of various countries would tell you that 75% of the qualified Physicians (Doctors) like to stay in major Cities that perhaps house 25%-30% of those Countries’ population. What this means is that the rest of that 70%-75% of the population of that country is expected to be catered by 25% of the Doctors. So the WHO published Doctor-Patient ratio is then quite misleading; and to get the real picture we would have to re-compute that data for major cities vs the rest in each Country. So outside major cities, there is then an unimaginable shortage of availability of qualified Doctors. And hence the use of digital and connected technologies that could potentially eliminate the need for a Doctor in a physical location to consult the Patient is perhaps the only answer. However, it would be startling for many to know that there are significantly more failures in this model than successes. Why is that so?
In 2016, the Founders of Axon SmarthealthTM were drawn in to this space and following that, they did an intense study of 30 odd companies in Clinical space all over the world who had achieved varied degrees of success – largely failures but few successes and tried to analyze why more cases of failures emerge while the concept in principle sounded very promising. Shockingly they could identify some common failure trends across the companies analyzed and in summary 4 key aspects emerged.
After learning these common “failure traits” Axon Founders set out to build a model that elevates the Technology Platform, Quality Of Care, Reaching out to the right Target Market through an effective Last mile outreach and integrating a perceptible human touch; all 4 aspects to the same level of importance in order to enable a sustainable health care delivery model.
We believe Smarthealth is perhaps the best way to define the soul of our Company.
Lifestyle related diseases: eg Diabetes, Hypertension
(i). Pharmacological treatment
(ii). Counselling/ Non pharmacological management
Follow up for
of chronic illnesses
and child care
and palliative care
Remote management of existing patients by hospitals where patients cannot visit the hospital owing to COVID -19
Enable the Healthcare Service Provider service at any location any time.
One stop shop for family.
Enable the Healthcare service provider with Flexible appointment Time.
Care at any setting
FDA approved devices.
Integration ready EMR.